[time-nuts] advice

Bill Byrom time at radio.sent.com
Wed Feb 22 02:33:11 UTC 2017

Review the theory and results in this paper:

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/329/5999/1630?variant=full-text&sso[1]

For small height changes on the surface of Earth, a clock that is higher
by a distance ∆h runs faster by ...
The gravitational shift corresponds to a clock shift of about 1.1 ×
10−16 per meter of change in height.
--

Bill Byrom N5BB

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017, at 11:13 AM, Rhoderick Beery wrote:

> Greetings Time-Nuts!

> I'm a physics theorist interested in performing an experiment
> to measure
> the gravitational time dilation beneath the surface of the
> Earth. Boulby
> Labs in the UK is 1.1 km down which would generate a time differential
> from

> the surface on the order of 1 part in 10^15 -- not much to work with!

Links:

  1. http://science.sciencemag.org/content/329/5999/1630?variant=full-text&sso=1&sso_redirect_count=1&oauth-code=251c50aa-4576-4ddf-aa31-b39ac90299c2