[time-nuts] Trimble "UCCM" GPSDO adevs

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:43:00 UTC 2017

Yes,  if your TICC reference oscillator is of lowish quality you should run the TICC in time interval mode and it can analyze one device.

To analyze/compare two devices with one TICC you really need a very high quality reference oscillator...

 I have a couple of FTS oscillators that have short term ADEVs in the 3E-13 range.  I'll probably build my adev box using one of those as the TICC reference.  You can generate meaningful relative comparisons between two devices with a not-quite-so-good oscillator, but the shorter tau numbers will not be very accurate.

For now, i"m just playing around to see what can be done.  BTW, if I remember correctly the ERC-130 rubidium has an M100 type rubidium in it and not an LPRO.  The LPRO is in my UCT 2008 box.

The UCT 2008 has 1PPS/1/2/5/10/MHz TTL  outputs along with 10 x 10 Mhz sine wave outputs...  and a beefy, but dead dead power supply (replacement ordered) with enough spare 5V capacity to run the PI.   It also has a lot of empty space in it where one could mount a TICC and support circuitry.  If I move the power input plug  and replace the back panel I can mount the PI screen in the box.