[time-nuts] My TICC came in the mail yesterday

Andrew Rodland andrew at cleverdomain.org
Sat Feb 25 07:58:14 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 7:08 PM, John Ackermann N8UR <jra at febo.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew --
>
> There seems to be more than a little magic involved in getting sane
> three-corner measurements.  I've gotten best results when the run is long
> enough to have many data points per tau, and also that results when you're
> noise limited tend to go imaginary.  Finally, I think things work best when
> the three sources have similar noise processes, e.g., looking at 3x OCXO or
> 3x Rb or whatever.

Thanks. I'm not even complaining here, like I said, this is more
visibility than I've had in the past, and the TICC is looking pretty
good. As for more points, that was just the first 9 or so hours of a
24-hour run, which is now completed. At the end of that, it's more
reasonable: http://i.imgur.com/7v3obqy.png — although I'm certainly
not putting much faith in anything past 1000s. And the non-hat plot:
http://i.imgur.com/xWTsqCX.png .

Andrew