[time-nuts] Temperature (environmental) sensors

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jan 3 15:08:56 UTC 2017

I have some high-end temperature and pressure instruments. But for casual use in my home and mobile timing lab I use Sparkfun Weather Stations. The old URL is:

    https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10586

It's USB, talk-only, one reading a second, temperature, pressure, humidity -- about as simple as you can get. Perfect for data logging along with frequency standards, GPS, counters and such.

But they don't make 'em anymore. My question is what similar well-engineered, talk-only, serial or USB, temperature-pressure-humidity sensors have you run across and could recommend? Not to be picky bit no cheapo 1C or 0.5C sensors; 0.1C or better is ok.

I know it's "easy" to throw one together with an Arduino, but I'm looking for something pre-packaged, something that reliably works, out-of-the-box. I have backup plans but hope someone on the list knows some products they have used and would recommend.

We could extend the discussion to voltage and power monitors too. Or some kind of universal sensor TAPR project. But for now, let's just keep it to simple air / environmental sensing.

Thanks,
/tvb