[time-nuts] Survey plot as art.

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Jan 9 22:01:18 UTC 2017

Hi Gary,

> Clearly the Adafruit is not high accuracy.  I have played with some
> short baseline DGPS (cm level data) and not found any issue with antenn separation.

I'm surprised by your claim. My measurements show that the Adafruit is a wonderful GPS receiver. Attached are ADEV MDEV TDEV plots of 5 different GPS/1PPS receivers. The raw data is from:

    http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/gpsdo-sim/

The Adafruit "Ultimate GPS" (MTK3339 chipset) does very well. It's also cheap, has a built-in antenna, has a uFL connector for optional external antenna, runs in 3D so you can use it mobile or fixed, you don't have to bother with survey or sawtooth correction. The data you see above is out-of-the-box; you give it 5V and out comes a 1PPS:

    https://www.adafruit.com/product/746

/tvb