[time-nuts] Survey plot as art.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Jan 9 23:27:44 UTC 2017

Hi

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 6:06 PM, Jay Grizzard <elfchief-timenuts at lupine.org> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know of any schematics for amplified GPS splitters floating around out there? I looked a while back and couldn't find anything. I use a 58536A right now, but it's big and I hate having to have N to SMA cables.  It would be awesome to be able to roll my own with all the connectors I want on it…

The standard design is pretty simple:

1) DC bias coupler on the input
2) Protection on the input
3) Saw filter on the input (say -3 db)
4) Fairly normal (Mini Circuits) low noise amp with appropriate gain (say 12 to 18 db)
5) two way splitter for the two banks of outputs (-3db)
6) two way splitter to each output (-3db)
(obviously a 4 output device)
7) 3 db  (to 9 db) pads on each output
8) DC blocks on all but one output.
9) DC bias coupler on the one “magic” output.

Some designs put a second filter after the amp. Some designs use ceramic filters rather than SAW’s.
Some designs go up to quite a few (like a dozen) outputs. Some have external power rather than
the bias pickoff / pass thru.

Bob