[time-nuts] Survey plot as art.

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Jan 10 01:07:53 UTC 2017

Yo Tom!

On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 16:37:27 -0800
"Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

> Your ADEV plots differ from mine by orders of magnitude.

You are right, my ADEV plots are junk.  Removed.

It was the 24 hour scatter plots that I wanted you to look at.
Hard to argue with lat/lon data as reported by the device.

You can also checkout the TDOPs which are better on the MAX-M8N

> Remember
> this is time-nuts, not an NTP or a GPSD forum. The Adafruit GPS board
> is fine, even fantastic. But I suspect there are issues with your
> measurement techniques.

Hard for me to accept your relative opinion of two devices when you have
never played with one of them.  Whatever my techniques may be, I have
side-by-side concurrent data for many GPS.  Hopefully any systematic errors
cancel out in the comparisons.

And anyone can run, maybe even improve, the FOSS programs I'm using for
comparison as well.

But I agree, moving off topic for time-nuts.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588