[time-nuts] wifi with time sync

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Jan 13 19:35:33 UTC 2017

On Fri, January 13, 2017 11:40 am, Bob Camp wrote:
> The ping response is anywhere from 2 ms out to 400 ms. Most of
> the time it's in the 3 to 9 ms range. Simply taking that
> down to < 1 us would be a really big deal.

I doubt that the response time will get that low, rather the time sync
will be moved lower in the hardware stack so that the variation stays
below 1us so it can be compensated as a systematic offset.  Basically a
Wi-Fi version of the hardware time stamping that a lot of NIC's do now for
PTP support.  Just a guess at this point.

--
Chris Caudle