[time-nuts] Distribution amplifier (again!) - now mostly ok but has gain peaking

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 18:25:35 UTC 2017

Nice project. The gain peaking is more than likely from your high speed
opamp. Parasitic capacitance on the inverting terminal from routing and the
input capacitance of the opamp itself, adds another pole to your opamps
loopgain, burning phase margin.

A small compensation cap across the top leg of your feedback divider, would
boost your phase margin.

Actually, Jim Williams has a monster app note, N47 dedicated to high speed
amplifiers :)