[time-nuts] PI Zero W LED Desktop Clock with 10ths of Seconds / NTP disciplined

M. George m.matthew.george at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 01:45:36 UTC 2017

I just finished an LED clock kit that can be found on hackaday.io by Nick
Sayer.   Below is a link to a couple of one take videos
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAXFDt3PBJg> I made of the clock.  It's a
nice piece of eye candy.  I haven't see an LED clock kit like this that
uses a lite distribution of Linux where you have a server for the clock
running NTP.  The code that runs the clock is a C program that you compile
and run when the OS boots up.  It's nice that the PI Zero W is wireless for
the clock... where it looks like a regular desk clock, but for the time-nut
you can ssh in and check things out and look at loopstats etc...an NTP
driven desk clock with 10ths of seconds.

YouTube Video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAXFDt3PBJg>:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAXFDt3PBJg

Pictures
<http://www.nc7j.com/pa/main.php?cmd=album&var1=NG7M%2FRaspberry+PI%2FPI+Zero+W%2FDesktop+NTP+Clock>
: http://www.nc7j.com/pa/main.php?cmd=album&var1=NG7
M%2FRaspberry+PI%2FPI+Zero+W%2FDesktop+NTP+Clock

I have no connection to the creator of the project or reason to give the
project a plug other than I had fun making the simple kit and setting up
Raspbian Lite to drive the PI Zero W., The creator of the kit is Nick Sayer
on hackaday.io
<https://hackaday.io/project/20156-raspberry-pi-zero-w-desk-clock>, I
suspect he might get a few more looks at this project now:
https://hackaday.io/project/20156-raspberry-pi-zero-w-desk-clock

Enjoy, Max NG7M

--
M. George