[time-nuts] Problems with TAPR Oncore M12+ kit

Chris Waldrup kd4pbj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 04:52:50 UTC 2017

Has anyone else received a unit they can't get to work?
I got my unit finally boxed up a few weeks back. The PPS LED flashes and power LED and RXD LED's light but the TxD doesn't.
I've ordered replacement MAX chips and 74ACT04 chips from Digi-Key but this didn't solve the problem.
As a next step I've found a Oncore M12 board on eBay coming from China and this should come in a few weeks.
No serial communications unfortunately.
I've also tried swapping pins 2 and 3 on the DB9 just in case RX and TX were swapped (although I had originally built the cable as per the schematic with the kit) but still no luck.
Thanks for any comments.

Chris
KD4PBJ