[time-nuts] Problems with TAPR Oncore M12+ kit

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Tue Jul 4 17:58:36 UTC 2017

Yes, agree.

Since your TxD LED is not blinking (~1 sec), then the Oncore receiver is not transmitting data (TTL serial).

PWR—This LED should always be GREEN when power is applied to the GPS Kit.

TxD—The TxD indicator provides the user with visual feedback concerning data output from the receiver. The TxD LED will momentarily flash RED whenever the GPS Kit is sending GPS data to the host computer.

RxD—The RxD indicator will flash RED whenever commands are received from the host computer.

1PPS—The 1PPS indicator will flash RED whenever a 1PPS pulse is output from the GPS receiver. There are 2 user defined Modes of operation for the 1PPS LED indicator, that can be configured/programmed (Oncore commands).

greg, w9gb
===
From: Chris Waldrup <kd4pbj at gmail.com>

Has anyone else received a TAPR unit they can't get to work?
I got my unit finally boxed up a few weeks back.
The PPS LED flashes and power LED and RXD LED's light but the TxD doesn't.
No serial communications, unfortunately.
I've found a Oncore M12 board on eBay coming from China and this should come in a few weeks.

Chris
KD4PBJ