[time-nuts] RS232 output on a 53181A

Angus not.again at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 12 14:39:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

I've just been using an Agilent 53181A, but the serial output is not
quite what I had expected. On the 53131A's that I've used the
placeholder character on the RS232 output is an asterisk, but with
this unit it is a lower case 'p'. Where the 53131A sends '2,*** u',
this 53181A send '2,ppp u'. The only references to a placeholder that
I saw in the manuals referred to an asterisk.

The firmware version is 4613.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows if this is correct, or maybe
it's just the EPROM starting to fail.

Thanks,
Angus.