[time-nuts] DS3231 drift over a year

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Sat Jul 15 00:27:22 UTC 2017

Hi Brooke,

No. I did not perform any software fine-tuning. My earlier tests using
my Arduino/Thunderbolt-based testing setup indicated its short-term
drift was <1ppm, so it didn't think it'd be worthwhile. After over a
year of testing, I'm even more impressed.

In addition, I forgot to mention that the DS3231 in question was in an
indoor environment but not one with particularly stable temperatures: in
winter, indoor temperatures dropped to around 15C, while in summer it'd
get up to 30C, with direct sunlight from the window shining directly on
the Raspberry Pi enclosure holding the device for several hours each
morning.

Cheers!
-Pete

--