[time-nuts] 5370B Input Board Repair [WAS: 5370B Question / help needed]

Thomas Allgeier th.allgeier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 16:56:30 UTC 2017

Hello Gary,

The adhesive doesn't come off with solvent - I am afraid very careful
scraping with a pointy scalpel under the microscope was what did it. That's
what makes me think it is epoxy-based. Touching it with a hot iron also
doesn't seem to have much effect. Once cured it probably can only be
mechanically removed. But it is not immensely strong, I guess the metal
filler means it can be kind of crumbled off bit by bit. Make sure you really
get all the debris removed as of course it is conductive and would easily
cause trouble elsewhere.

I hope you get yours going!

Kind regards,
Thomas.