[time-nuts] 5370B Input Board Repair [WAS: 5370B Question / help needed]

Thomas Allgeier th.allgeier at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 16:44:57 UTC 2017

Hi Don,

Yes, my thinking is they may have feared problems and opted for the
adhesive, but I'm only guessing. Wouldn't have been my first choice for this
piece of kit.

I don't think you can get this stuff off one joint at a time, but definitely
one component at a time which is what I have done. The adhesive is
physically between the component and the pads and unless the component is
removed you won't be able to clean up the pad ready for soldering. After all
this messing about with these SMD's it is probably better fitting new parts
anyway, otherwise you may well be back into the intermittent fault situation
fairly quickly.

Kind regards,
Thomas.

Message: 6