[time-nuts] RS-232 Pin Outs for the Acron Zeit WWVB LCD Clock

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sat Jul 22 20:48:44 UTC 2017

> Or would I need to find an similar device which inverts the incoming logic first?

It's not just inversion but also level shifting. Many battery operated devices run from a dual or even single AA battery. The custom serial adapter shipped with these units handles the conversion of 1.5 or 3.0 volt CPU serial to a more PC-friendly 0 to 5 V, or -10 to +10 V RS232 serial.

Use a 'scope on both ends of your adapter to see the actual voltages during data transfer. You want to avoid blindly using a 3.3 or 5 volt USB adapter on a 1.5 volt device.

/tvb