[time-nuts] Problem behind failing Galileo clocks identified

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 22 22:15:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have heard that there might have been testing procedures that could
have damaged a component so that it slowly develops into a full problem
later. This have obviously been known for some time, but the extent of
real failures was not known.

I would guess that over-voltage can have created a small break-through
that ends up going short over time. An experienced guy like you will be
able to make a couple of guesses.

Cheers,
Magnus