[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt baseplate size (mass)

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jul 25 13:06:06 UTC 2017

Hi

It gets back to the term “optimum performance” and the Time Nut bias
towards eliminating any source of degradation. Even while locked, temperature
does get into the DAC. Blow some air on a unit and watch things move around.
It does not go unlocked. It does not exceed any of the specs on it. It does move
a bit and you can see the “bump” in a phase plot. Simply blocking drafts is a good
first step.

Bob