[time-nuts] OCXO inside the FEI AN/URQ-23

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Tue Jul 25 15:30:55 UTC 2017

Bert wrote:

> Has any one run tests of the OCXO inside the AN/URQ-23.

I've played with several of the pulled oscillators.  They're nothing
special -- xDEV at most frequencies for the ones I've seen is around
5-20x worse than an HP 10811.  I tested them after they had been running
for 2-3 weeks -- I've never taken the time to let one settle for months
or years -- so some long-term improvement may be possible.  But I doubt
that the ones I've seen would ever equal a 10811.

Best regards,

Charles