[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt no longer determines the correct date

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 22:49:14 UTC 2017

Since the Thunderbolt is hard coded to detect a particular week to
determine if it should add 1024 to the week number, I would guess that each
product has a magic date based on the anticipated release date of the
product (week 936 for the Thunderbolt), and it will work for 1024 weeks
from that date.

I cannot imagine a work around since the problem stems from the GPS service
only identifying the current date within a particular 1024 weeks epoch
unless the government changes the amount of data that is sent over the GPS
system. Somebody has to use other method to determine the epoch and add the
corresponding offset.