[time-nuts] A look inside the DS3231

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 01:53:38 UTC 2017

Yes, I doubt that the volume on a specialty chip like the DS3231 is high
enough to attract the counterfeiters.

RS-232 chips and the FTDI USB to serial chips, and consumer FM tuner and
audio amplifier chips, is another story.

My experience was with a proprietary full custom IC that totally
implemented a 'pager' in a single IC package. The Chinese apparently wanted
to get into the the paging business, at the time.  Of course, the
cellphones have now totally eaten the pager business, globally.

--- Graham

==