[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt no longer determines the correct date

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Sun Jul 30 16:33:18 UTC 2017

Unfortunately I did not have the log activated.

Although I did not see a phase shift I think that that may be just luck as looking back at the screen print of tboltmon 1 sec after the roll, I see that the DAC voltage changed by +0,00533mV from the value 10mins prior to the roll. My antenna is not positioned optimally so I am used to seeing occasional 40-200ns phase offsets due to multi path. My phase shift before rollover (-9min) was -118ns and drifting toward 0. The Tbolt and only been powered on 4Hrs prior to rollover but was in position hold and had a good almanac.  At rollover +1s it was 50,52ns and at 41secs after rollover the offset was 127,66ns so I didn’t think it unusual. Looking at it again, I see that the 10MHz frequency offset was 0,10ppb prior to the rollover , but 2.01ppb at +1s , so it looks like I did get a glitch, but one of lesser magnitude than you reported.