[time-nuts] HP 3048 NI GP-IB cards help requested

John Miles john at miles.io
Mon Jun 5 02:04:44 UTC 2017

I'd recommend a GPIB-USB-HS adapter.  There are tons of them on eBay, e.g.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322360711342
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321957086926

These will work well with both PN3048 and HTBasic.  I've purchased them from both of those sellers in the past.  They appear to be genuine, unlike the counterfeit Agilent 82357Bs that are commonly sold out of China.

Re: the card selection option, PN3048 lets you choose between "Adapter 1" and "Adapter 2."  This only comes into play if you have more than one NI adapter on your PC.  In your case, you'll use the default Adapter 1 setting with it.

You can also use a NI PCI-GPIB board with either PN3048 or HTBasic.  I'd go with the GPIB-USB-HS even though it may be a bit more expensive.  It will be more future-proof than a plug-in card.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC