[time-nuts] Poor man's oven

Stephen Tompsett stephen at tompsett.net
Mon Jun 5 08:56:36 UTC 2017

Not quite as simple as the PTC, an alternative may be:

http://shop.kuhne-electronic.de/kuhne/en/shop/accessoires/crystal-heater/Precision+crystal+heater+40%C2%B0+QH40A/?card=724

No it probably doesn't hold the crystal at it's optimum turn over
temperature, but it will keep the temperature of a crystal approximately
constant especially on a windswept hilltop.

On 05/06/2017 09:35, Ulf Kylenfall via time-nuts wrote:
>   The Crystal heater clip wasa Murata "Posistor" soldered onto a clipand they were marketed by Murata.
> I once purchased a small amount of theseand used them as "poor man's ovens".
> Although not perfect by far, they did theirjob and kept my UHF gear stable.
> Murata dropped that product many yearsago and I have not been able to findany similar product. The Posistors arelisted by eg. Digi-key but they do not stock them.
> Ulf - SM6GXV

Stephen Tompsett