[time-nuts] Relationship of frequency to stability

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 7 15:11:55 UTC 2017

Hi

For something like a crystal oscillator, there is a relation between frequency and resonator Q. That
gives you a loose correlation between stability and oscillator frequency. Beyond that, there are
substantial differences between the technologies you are comparing. That is the main source of
the differences you observe. You could extend the sequence to include trapped optical ion clocks
and continue the series …

Bob