[time-nuts] uC ADC resolution (was: Poor man's oven)

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 11 13:09:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

What papers would you recommend reading?

One of the things that we experimented on and improved was the passive
wall to prohibit quick cooling of oven. A puff of air or the forced
convection (fans) needed for other electronics would tie the metal
shield very well to surrounding environment. Using a simple plastic
wall/box as a windshield has a quite drastic effect at the rate of
change in temperature, and allowed the oven to react better to it.
It has proven a very good strategy to reduce the systematic effect that
eats up stability. As systematic effect, it should not be part of ADEV,
but if you ADEV it is there loud and clear.

Cheers,
Magnus