[time-nuts] Modified ZC6PD-1900W GPS splitter

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 20:36:33 UTC 2017

On 6/17/2017 8:53 AM, Ben Hall wrote:
> I've been toying with the idea of modifying one of the units to add
> internal DC-blocking and resistors to ground for DC-load.  For DC block,
> seems like I could very carefully slice the trace on the board by the
> SMA connector, bridging the gap with an SMA capacitor.

So I tried this today.  Carefully put a gap in the traces using an Xacto
knife on all but one of the output ports and bridged them with 100pF NPO
SMD capacitors.  I'll put it on the VNA at work tomorrow...but
measurements using my noise source and AirSpy SDR receiver plus the
SpectrumSpy software shows that it works with somewhere around 10dB of
loss which is very close to the loss of the unmodified unit.  :)

So modifying a commercial unit is an option to consider.

thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb