[time-nuts] HP5090A Off Air Standard Receiver

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jun 19 07:29:06 UTC 2017

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 21:52:04 -0400
Ruslan Nabioullin <rnabioullin at gmail.com> wrote:

> What in the world would the point of that be!?  It appears to be a
> long-obsolete product, so have you searched for more modern time code
> receivers from timing instrumentation (Meinberg, Brandywine, et al.) and
> surplus vendors?  It'll probably be pretty expensive, for it's probably
> much less popular than WWVB and DCF77.  Have you tried the latter?  It
> might be receivable from Britain, and I've seen some surplus DCF77
> receivers (e.g., an old ISA card).

You aren't seriously asking a time-nut what the point of doing something is,
are you? We are doing what we do because we think it's fun. Because we
might learn something. Or because we think it would be cool. Not everything
needs to have a rational goal judged by price vs. performance, does it?

			Attila Kinali

--
You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to