[time-nuts] Plate Tectonics was: GPS Antenna on Tower.

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Jun 21 00:48:59 UTC 2017

Hi Attila:

I have a web page devoted to finding true North.
http://www.prc68.com/I/North.shtml

There are many ways.  Here's on that uses the north star.

The first step is to sight the North Star (assuming you are in the Northern hemisphere.
But the North star currently is at:
dec: +89°15' 51"
R.A.: 2h 31m 49s

This means that when the sidereal time is 2h 31m 49s it's exactly North and then again after 12:00:00 hours sidereal
time pass it's again exactly North.   Any star can be used with this method, but the closer the star is to 90 deg dec
the better from a geometry perspective.

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke