[time-nuts] GPS discipline oscillator vs phase lock

Brent brent.evers at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 15:54:36 UTC 2017

Jim -

Your first thread in this post was fascinating to me - stuff I'd never been
exposed to.  It seems like the 'tricks of the trade' for so much of how
things actually get done are so often only accessible to those who work
closely with them.  I was about to shoot you an email to ask if there was
any reference (other than piles of journal articles) that cover some of
these topics, when I scrolled down and found this post with the Descanso
links and references.  What a trove!  There's more info in the links on
that page than I could ever hope to comprehend.

Many thanks for this post.  It will remain marked and in the back of my
brain as "stuff that you should learn".  If we only ever had enough time.
Why didn't anyone ever expose me to this stuff when I was young and just
starting in RF?

Brent