[time-nuts] Plate Tectonics was: GPS Antenna on Tower.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 21 20:43:41 UTC 2017

Hi

There are some interesting interactions between liquid (sea) tides and solid tides. Big blobs of water sloshing around in the ocean
really close to shore do turn out to have an effect. Not a big deal for those of us wise enough to live well inland :) Probably a lot of fun
to plot and validate if you are in the “right” location.

One gotcha pulling this stuff from precision survey data: The post processing software very much knows about these things and
“helpfully” scrubs them out of your data for you. That’s a not ideal if your goal was to validate the calculations. It sort of is if their
result comes out as zero, but that’s not very exciting.

Bob