[time-nuts] Anderson PowerPole (was Charles Wenzel GPSDO)

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 22 14:36:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

The Powerkon variant, which does not mate with Speakon, is what is good
for AC, and found use in the medicine world, as it does not
self-disconnect like IEC-outlets tend to do (yeah, I know about securing
them and I've seen it missused many times but I made sure we have such
securing on our products).

Speakon for power would however be useful for DC.

It used to be that speakers where connected using the XLR range of
connectors (not only the 3 pin XLR connector, but larger sized
variants). Those connectors can handle power and current nicely too, but
there can be better choices and that's where the Speakon comes in for
the speaker-feed, which got much handier.

Cheers,
Magnus - former PA-system engineer