[time-nuts] Power connectors continued

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 08:08:16 UTC 2017

I've been caught by that one.

Someone used 240V IEC inlets as convenient 10A DC inputs to an oven in an
ion trap. Fiddling around in the back of the racks, I made the inevitable
mistake and Poof! there went $1000 worth of isotopically separated Yb 171.
A few years later, someone else did the same thing.

So yes, follow conventions!

Michael