[time-nuts] GPScon running on Raspberry Pi 3b

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jun 26 22:07:03 UTC 2017

andrew.mileski at gmail.com said:
> Beware that USB-to-Serial converters are pretty horrible for precise timing
> applications, like PPS on the CD pin.  It can be done on a GPIO pin instead,
> but requires some hacking and re-compiling.

What sort of hacking or re-compiling do you have in mind?

I didn't have any troubles getting PPS via GPIO.  It's a bit of editing on
run-time config files.  From my notes:
in /boot/config.txt
    add new line: dtoverlay=pps-gpio,gpiopin=4
(The pin number depends on the GPS HAT.)
In /etc/modules
    add new line: pps-gpio

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.