[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Rollover Testing

Trevor N. qb4 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 5 23:47:55 UTC 2017

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 18:35:25 +0100, you wrote:

>One thing a 6100 will let you do is to calibrate the PPS out of your “gizmo” to +/- 5 ns (one sigma). While it’s
>not an impressive number by TimeNuts standards, it is one of the few ways to get that job done.

I want to eventually characterize the delay of some amplified
antennas. It's reported that delay varies significantly over
temperature even for geodetic-grade antennas.

>> multiple synchronized single channel units), as I haven't yet been
>> able to get the Trimble Resolution boards to go into overdetermined
>> mode with a single simulated SV.
>
>It would be a bit alarming if you *could* get it to show overdetermined with only a single clock source :)

It's quite odd at face value, but the Thunderbolt will go into
"overdetermined" mode with only the 1simulated SV.  I just re-checked
this with a Resolution-T, and it does go into OD mode with all but 1
SV masked from cold restart using a real SV.