[time-nuts] RFDO - Experience and questions

Gilles Clement clemgill at club-internet.fr
Mon Mar 6 02:23:27 UTC 2017

Hi,
Indeed, the station is located in central France with a very powerful transmitter (up to 2MW).
It covers all Europe and it was a real pain for me when they stopped broadcasting the France Inter Station.
The longwave signal can be received anywhere, even in the basements (ground effect propagation).
No need for an external full sky antenna etc…
Hopefully they are still operating and sending the time code.
And actually the signal is much clearer today in 2017 than when it was also amplitude modulated.
Good news, but how long will it last ... ?
Best,
Gilles.