[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Rollover Testing

Trevor N. qb4 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 03:12:11 UTC 2017

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 00:38:35 +0000, you wrote:

>Does it have a saved/surveyed position?  With a saved position you can reasonable time performance with 1 sat.   Without a saved position all bets are off,  there is no way for the receiver to determine the receiver/satellite clock difference.
>
>Trimble reports that the device is in "over-determined clock" mode if that is how it is configured.  Even if it is in "over-determined clock" mode the receiver may not have enough data to do anything effective.   Trimble's overdetermined clock mode is basically a "position hold" mode.

It will stay in 2d/3d mode if there is no stored position. With a
stored position the Resolution-T does seem to be pretty stable with
only 1 SV. With the simulator it will switch to OD mode for about 2
seconds, then its status changes to "no SVs usable" and it stops using
the simulated SV. I still have many navigation message changes to test
out -- something may work.