[time-nuts] time/sampling behavior of RTL-SDR

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 02:38:49 UTC 2017

On 3/8/17 1:14 PM, Michael Wouters wrote:
> The Allan deviation is not frequency stability - it's the ADEV of the noise
> on the receiver signal.

In that article, I think the idea was that they fed a very stable tone
in, and so they're essentially measuring the ADEV of the LO.

He unfortunately didn't say what the signal he was feeding in was,
though.  Or was he just integrating the white noise out of the box?

Well, I should get some of these tonight, and if all goes well, and
there's no panic at work, maybe I can hook one up and look at the 100
MHz maser signal downstairs.