[time-nuts] Bye-Bye Crystals

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Mar 13 17:09:39 UTC 2017

A complete oscillator consists of the crystal integrated with the
electronics.  A loose crystal is just a resonator, and the buyer has to
supply his own electronics.  You rarely see the latter any more in
applications other  than oven oscillators.  The same thing happened in
SAW resonators.  About all you can buy now are SAW oscillators.

Rick N6RK