[time-nuts] Smart Phone time display accuracy...?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:29:49 UTC 2017

It COULD be very good.   It would be easy for them to run NTP inside
the phone.   But I don't think they do as battery life is "everything"
  I think on IOS  they periodically run SNTP.

I just as interesting question is how to measure the phone's display?
 The biggest problem with all visual displays is the refresh rate.
Typically the screen is only updated at something like 60 Hz.  You
have to establish a network connection to be able to see higher
resolution time.    Not hard to do as Android is running Linux inside
and iPhones a Unix derivative  You can

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Mike Baker <mpb45 at clanbaker.org> wrote:
> Hello, Time-nutters--
>
> Any thoughts on what the likely accuracy of smart phone time
> displays might be?   I am thinking that the stacking of delays
> along the path to its receive antenna plus any internal processing
> delays would accumulate to some unknown degree.  Any
> thoughts on this?
>
> Mike Baker

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California