[time-nuts] Antique precision timing device without electronics

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 19:11:30 UTC 2017

My great, great uncle, longtime design engineer for Guglielmo Marconi had a
tuning fork arrangement of the type discussed here that was enclosed in an
evacuated glass cylinder. I have no idea for what purpose it was used or
what happened to it when he died.

On Friday, March 17, 2017, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> --------
> In message <160EF818076B4D03A0C067ED273D980B at system072>, "Bill Hawkins"
> writes:
>
> >Conservation of power says some must be taken from the fork to operate
> >the contacts.
>
> Electromagnetic induction could give plenty energy for that, given the
> size and heft of the tuning fork.
>
> --

William H Fite, PhD
Independent Consultant