[time-nuts] WTB: GPSDO

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Mon Mar 20 21:26:28 UTC 2017

Hi:

Bob's comment about adjusting an oscillator from time to time aligns well with my limited experience in the time nuts hobby.    Once I realized that in practice my better OCXO's were typically more than stable enough for my intended uses things became much simpler.   I also realized that I could utilize my collection of time interval counters to compare my chosen reference to other references (including a GPSDO) while also comparing the chosen reference to the "Device Under Test."  I realize this isn't likely an approach that a commercial lab would use but for my hobby use it seems to work ok for me.

I've more or less shelved my plans to discipline one of my high end OCXO's via a home brew GPSDO scheme.

Mark Spencer