[time-nuts] HP5061B Ion Current

Donald E. Pauly trojancowboy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 01:44:49 UTC 2017

It looks like that there is about 10% hysteresis on the cesium trip
off/on. That may not be enough to prevent cycling on and off.   I may
not have made it clear but instability in the +3,500 voltage makes a
big difference in the threshold ion current required for activation.
If it fades it can require a 10 uA smaller ion current to activate
cesium.