[time-nuts] Time Dilation tinkering

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 07:34:12 UTC 2017

Hmm, it appears that Symmetricom has an interpretation from IATA which
classifies their rubidium-containing products as non-hazardous.

I went through all of this some time ago because we were shipping
rubidiums about domestically (Australia) and there was no permissible
maximum qty of rubidium allowed on a passenger aircraft. It doesn't
make sense: any event which might have caused exposure of the rubidium
in a clock to water, was likely rather more severe than the effects of
less than 1 gram of rubidium igniting. Hard to argue these things
though.

Cheers
Michael