[time-nuts] PLL performance?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Mar 22 11:54:01 UTC 2017

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:10:19 -0400
David Scott Coburn <scotttt at optonline.net> wrote:

> > What information are you looking for?
>
> I was curious if anyone else has tried to do a PLL with two 0.5 Hz signals.
> Does not seem like a particularly popular pastime!  I did find a few articles
> which used a digital PLL to lock a OCXO to GPS at 1 Hz.

[...]

> I was interested in doing this as an analog PLL, for the challenge.  I've done
> my time on microprocessors and microcontrollers!

There have been a couple of discussions about doing GPSDOs using only analog
components in the past. People fare more knowledgable than me have commented
there on what the challenges would be and how to solve them. So I recommend
to go through the archives and look for those discussions. They might be a
little bit hidden, though.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.