[time-nuts] Single ended or differential input to TDC chip

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 27 20:25:26 UTC 2017

Attila

Differential inputs, either LVDS or PECL compatible, together with a fast single supply comparator for the CMOS to PECL to LVDS/differential PECL would be the conservative approach. Ultra fast comparators with aaa delay belowwww 2ns are readddddddddilyy available.

Alternatively a CMOS to LVDS converter like:

http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADN4661.pdf

could be used.

There are commercial TDCs that claim similar resolution that use CMOS inputs.

One could provide both CMOS and differential inputs so that if the CMOS inputs prove problematic one could just use the differential inputs.

Bruce