[time-nuts] Timelab, GPIB-USB-B in a VM

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 03:49:23 UTC 2017

Yup, I'm using VBox. Kinda have to on account it $DAY_JOB. ;)

In any case, it appears, in the USB case, to be an Issue with the GPIB-USB-B as when I swapped it out with a GPIB-USB-HS, it all comes right up.

I'm suspicious of the GPIB-ENET, and am wondering if I've been bitten by a No Longer Supported by NI issue. Bah.

In any case, there is a nice 8 hour adev running on an old 10811 that's been on the bench for a while. Will swap that one out for one marked 'bad phase noise' in the am and see how they match up.

> On Mar 27, 2017, at 21:20, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:
>
> I don't know how they're done in VMWare, but in VirtualBox, you have to setup the USB configuration for the VM before you start it.  You just click the machine, settings, then USB, then add a device, then select from what's available.  Which means you have to have it plugged in and enumerated first.
>
> Bob

>>> Bob