[time-nuts] HP5065A S/N 0048-00131 - Worth repairing (and how to do it)?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat May 6 22:13:23 UTC 2017

Ulf
On a larger keyboard. The reason not to go digging is that the 5065s are
quite good and the fact that the lamp came up with power applied is a good
sign. So the risk is digging in and perhaps destroying it or finding a way
to use the winding as is.
I have done this on several unusual things like CRTs with shorted grids and
such and recently on an old crystal oven and it works.
So taking a look to see how you might be able to float that heater for me
at least is far more likely to succeed and nothing to loose.
If you for some reason through this effort you discover you can't float it
or its shorted etc then you still have the option of doing what you are
currently considering.
Best of luck to you.
Regards
Paul