[time-nuts] TruePosition GPS Receiver

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat May 6 23:15:32 UTC 2017

I'm using the Packrat info to work out how it works.  The newer board firmware seems to support everything the older one does.

Not sure if the older one has the $EXTSTATUS command that reports the temperature.  The newer board has a temperature sensor resolution of 0.032 degrees.  Any real GPSDO has a temperature sensor.  It might not make that data available to the outside world, but all of them that I have seen so far do.

These boards (and the Oscilloquartz Star-4, and especially the Zyfer Nanosync)  seem to emphasize the GPSDO learning and holdover behavior.   The Zyfer has around 6 messages that report holdover related data and performance (several of them undocumented, but from the data and message name it is easy to guess what it is).

I have an old model of the TruePosition board coming from China... should know more in a few weeks.

I really hope we can score some documentation on these because they seem to be well thought out and probably have lots of nifty stuff you can control.